Monday, August 18, 2008

Becoming Headless

I've been thinking both consciously and subconsciously about being headless... as in Jesus is the head. Bishop John talked about a passage in Revelation where we are sitting on thrones headless. I have yet to locate it but I'm going to! That image has captivated my heart and mind. We are sitting there headless on our thrones because Jesus is The Head. Imagine that you are headless and you were given the head of Jesus as a transplant. That's what happened when you received revelation that you died with Christ, you were buried with Christ, and you rose from the dead with Christ. Your head, heart, sin were removed and you were given the heart and the mind of Christ.

Having the mind of Christ... what does that look like? It looks like me having patience when I've run out of patience. It looks like me constantly choosing life as opposed to sin which causes death to my heart, mind, and soul. It looks like obedience. It looks like someone who is compassionate to those around her. It looks like someone who is constantly forgiving. It looks like someone drawing healthy boundaries and standing up for truth. It looks like someone overriding the carnal and cynical thinking of man and completely giving way to the broad authenticity of the ways and thinking of an almighty God. 

I want the mind of Christ to be my mind every day. I'm going to go after it. I want to find out what it means.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Awesome. Let's all go for it together.

Anonymous said...

Headless...sounds restful. I don't have to stress the details or motives. Like being blonde? ha?