Monday, September 22, 2008

One-time, two-time...

Tonight I am faced with a choice.... do I focus on everything that feels like it would make me cry or do I say "God is good" and focus on what he has done? We all know what the obvious answer is! I think sometimes we want to two-time it... 60% of us can say God is good but 40% wants to dwell in the pit of despair. 

Tonight I was dealt a blow... a blow which I will not divulge to cyberspace but it hits a tender spot in me. A tender spot that remains of a very deep wound, but the deep wound does not remain... just a tender spot. I'm looking forward to when even the tender spot is no more! What is so interesting to me is that in the same cycle that I was dealt a blow, I was given a tangible gift. A gift that I can see and hold in my physical hands. It was so out of the blue that all I can say is that my Father loves me. He saw a simple and casual desire in my heart from a few months back and answered it. I had even forgotten about it.

Beyond the gift there is something else that was encouraging. I was at the gym thinking about what was happening to me and was conversing with the Holy Spirit while working out. The question that I asked was "Father, in this situation, how are you good?" Its a simple question but it opens up the Cross and the endless possibilities within Him. Why did I find this encouraging? Because it means I am growing. I am providing room for the Holy Spirit to enter into my difficult places instead of shutting down and THAT is good news.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Awesome post, Linds. Very encouraging. "Can you show me, Holy Spirit, your goodness here?" That is the question or else we just live like . Just this morning I started to think about something and this phrase rose up, "There are just some things I can't think about with the Holy Spirit." It is the truth and it probably saved me from a fear-based pity party.

--Ryan

Megan said...

Uh, that should be "live like _____." Actually, I don't know besides that it's a person that only knows what he/she can see.