I am stepping into a new level of challenge. Really, God has placed before me a new standard of living and I am entering into it. Its this place where I value his plan above my own desires. Learning to live your life in a way where its not your own is so counter to the thinking of the world. Its really not about what I want or what I am going to to do... its about what Jesus is speaking and what he wants to do. It kind of sounds like a bunch of religious garble until you start living that way. I, by no means, am very far along in this new way of living but I am actively engaged in it.
Here is what I am finding coming out of the inside of me... a desire for the fullness of Jesus in my life and coming out from me in a steady stream. I want to see signs and wonders in my daily life. I want to encounter Jesus every day. My prayer every night as I go to sleep in this past week has been: "Jesus I want to encounter you. I want to encounter you in my dreams. I want to encounter you in my day."
To live this way, you have to have look at your life through Heaven's lenses. To ask, "God what are you doing?" and to value God's plan far above your own. I want God's plan. In His plan is freedom and favor and signs and wonders and life. In my plan... while it I might think its good... its my plan based on what I want and think that I need and Jesus might not agree with me. I want to have his plan. Its an unpredictable and messy way to live, but its the best way... the new and living way. New and living means unpredictable... never explored... never done before.
1 comment:
great post... i liked your last comment about a new and living way being something never explored... something we don't know... i can totally relate to being afraid about everything kinda getting better... i'm in the same boat! i'm also wrestling with doing things God's way or my way/doing what He wants as opposed to what i want... i'm still in between... blech...
Post a Comment