I do many random things when I am sick... for instance I crave cheese. I found out that Jess does this too. I just want cheese... and cookies. Its so bizarre. Why would you want to eat cookies? No idea. I just do. Instead, I am behaving and eating my soup and drinking my tea and water.
So... what's God doing? In the end that is all that really matters. Its a truly encompassing statement. He's the source of all good things in our lives. We can't take credit for any of it!
Wednesday the Lord decided that it was time to wipe out my hard-wired, earthly definition of success. It was pretty intense. Some of you might be asking, is she for real? Does she always have these intense encounters? And the answer is yes, its real. I wouldn't make this up... couldn't make it up and I am literally designed to experience encounter after encounter of Jesus in my life so I can be changed to be like him continuously. You're designed for that too!
Back to Wednesday... I am sitting in David's tent and Grande is praying something, no idea what, and the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said "Your definition of success is not mine. Let me show you what mine is...." and I saw the Cross. I saw the blood, the flesh, the becoming of the lowest of the lowly. I started weeping as I realized this whole culture of "you can be whatever want, do whatever you want, you're value comes from what you become and what you have" is a worldly system. Its not from Heaven. Then I felt the heavy presence of Jesus start erasing that worldly definition. As I laid there and wept, I started asking the Lord, "How do I live in this place because I am missing something... what am I missing..." and then Heather started praying. She prayed about Jesus being our reward and that is what we value and love. It was the timing of Jesus- he was answering my question! So that is what I want. I want to have full experience of Jesus being my reward and walking in that. Its not about being seen or known. Its about honoring Jesus and valuing it above all other things. The active work of the cross is so humbling. That was my experience.
Where is this in the Bible? The Holy Spirit answered that question too. He dropped the name Josiah in my spirit, so I looked it up and read every chapter associated with Josiah. He was a young King filled with the holiness of God that turned a wandering Judah back to God. He heard the word of the Lord and was so filled an honor for God that he tore down every high place of idolatry in the nation, started the rebuilding of the temple, reinstated the Passover festival, and made a covenant with the Lord to serve him only. Josiah went all out. He went to every high place of idolatry and tore it down without fear... hmm... God is going after every place in me that is a high place... a place that has not been fully made aware inside of me of who God is and what he did for me through Jesus. I want him to keep going. I say 'yes Lord!'
1 comment:
linds, this blog brought me to tears. the revelation is intense and the experience so real! i love you!!
Post a Comment