I was talking to my friend Grand today and realized something through our conversation. I already think I knew it, but it was kind of an "in your face" statement. If you are serving Jesus there is no room for excuses. I am not really sure there is room for them anyways, but if you're ever wondering if the excuse that you're giving to God or allowing yourself to buy into so you can stick with your sin instead of going for the truth is a valid excuse, you don't have a valid excuse. There is no such thing. I realize that by now, I've probably offended someone out there... but I don't know what to tell you. It blows my cover for all my excuses too, so we're in the same boat.
Think of it this way though- if you allow yourself to be invaded with the truth and experience the reality of Jesus in that place which you're lacking (the reason for the excuse, the sin problem, your unbelief, etc.), I can pretty much guarantee you will be set free and the excuse is no longer going to be needed. An excuse allows you to stay in a place of unbelief (which leads to sin), while discovering Jesus in the place of unbelief leads to movement into complete freedom. A life without excuses and full of freedom, how refreshing!
Now for my shameless plug... my friend Grand is pretty cool...buy his CDs and read his blog. His wife and little girl are just as cool as he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment