Monday, September 6, 2010

Jesus Changed My Life Yesterday

Jesus changed my life yesterday. He really wants to change my life every day. Jesus wants to appear and make the way- every day. Anyways, you know that deliverance I talked about in my last post? Well... it happened... and I actually can sense a difference in my person.

Pastor Pete said the following statement yesterday that so encouraged me: "Salvation is complete when you receive the identity of the Body."

Now I would be naive to think that I will come into a revelation of the Body and that I've made it... I'm done. I've gotten it all. No, Paul says quite the opposite! (And so would Pastor Pete.) He talks about the vastness of the Cross and how its something that we'll spend a lifetime going deeper in it- and even then we won't get everything! One big little revelation of the Body is not all there is. There is revelation after revelation of Jesus Christ and him crucified and his Church. But on the other hand, it was a signal to me that I'm on the right path. I'm grappling with a truth that is important and by my intentional pursuit of it I will be saved... again. I need to be saved a lot- and mainly from myself!

You know, it takes courage to step into a way of life that is completely different- and sometimes I/we need a little help in stepping in all the way. Its possible to receive partial revelation and not come into the the full knowing of what God is doing. Its possible to get stuck in human processing and not come into the experiential knowing of what God is doing. You are never delivered of your current way of life if you stay stuck in human processing. Over the last couple of days I've been praying out loud my trust in Christ and agreeing with the work he is doing in me. I've been thanking him for bringing me further into knowing truth. That the place of real life is in His Body. That he's placed in me a real desire to be connected to the Head and to know the truth and operate in truth.

Yesterday help came to me. It was the little extra push into the experience that I've been waiting for. So that I can come into the full knowing. God doesn't show you an area where you need to be delivered without the intention of delivering you. That would be wrong and completely out of character for him. At the end when I was standing in front, it felt like a vortex was coming over me. I was in the room, but I was in standing in Heaven too. I could feel the heavenly presence of angels. I could sense Jesus in the room with me. As I stood there, I could sense this life coming into my new man. I began to feel this sensation like space was being made inside of me. Pressure was moving things around. My face could feel heat and my lips felt like they were burning. Pastor Pete came over and laid his hands on my head. He didn't pray for a while. When his hands touched my head, I saw something that was flesh colored with little holes in it. They were spaces for pegs... and I saw myself being placed into a hole. I fit perfectly in that little place. I knew that I had just been removed from an independent life into Body life. I felt such joy at fitting perfectly in the Body. My first thought was "I need to explore this little place!" There is much life for me in this little place in the massive Body of Christ. Its odd from a worldly perception to think of massive amounts of life coming from such a small place... but its true. I want to find out what's here.

I am no longer an orphan- or a son trying to live an independent life. I am a son with a perfect little place in the Body that fits me. I fit in my own little place. That for me is huge. I've never really experienced this feeling of adoption. I've wanted to and have tried to. I've constantly been searching for a place and its found me- or probably just been waiting for me! I didn't know how to not look at others or to not covet what they have- whether subconsciously or not. Its an ugly and exhausting lifestyle to constantly try and be getting ahead or just even keeping up! Ephesians talks about how if you covet what another man has you are worshiping self-gain, which is ugly. Our culture is riddled with that. The only way to come out of that is to allow Jesus to place you into His body. I can feel the stability and the provision in this little place. The peace and the joy.

I'm off to explore my little place given to me by my Father... call it a row, call it a stall, call it a little hole that my peg fits in perfectly... it all works.

No comments: